New support to help school leaders raise standards
School leaders are under increasing pressure to raise academic standards and simultaneously nurture fully-rounded young people, but one curriculum subject in particular can help.That subject is citizenship, and here's what it can do:
- Raise school standards and student achievement
- Meet statutory obligations for the National Curriculum, SMSC and Ofsted
- Improve behaviour and reduce exclusions
- Connect students with society's controversial issues
- Develop key skills that employers and universities want, such as leadership, teamwork and participation.
And we can help. We offer specialist support and training to help schools:
- Prepare for the new National Curriculum;
- Design policy and approaches from any starting-point;
- Meet National Curriculum citizenship requirements, including the new financial literacy element;
- Address controversial issues with confidence;
- Champion student participation, leadership and teamwork;
- Blend curriculum and whole-school learning approaches;
- Tackle assessment and monitoring.
Are your school leaders unsure what citizenship is or why it's important? Our leaflet, Re-engaging with citizenship, can help.
Do they need convincing that citizenship can help improve their school? Our slide presentation can help.
Do they want help getting it right? We can do that. Simply register your interest and we'll let you know more about our training package in time for the new school year.