Bar National Mock Trial Competition - the first finalists are in!
The first set of regional heats for the Bar National Mock Trial Competition took place on Saturday. The winner of each heat will go to the national final in Cardiff in March.
How can schools help students understand the reasons for making and changing laws and to appreciate the complex processes involved? Well, they can take part in the Bar National Mock Trial Competition.
In the Bar National Mock Trial Competition, young people from all over Britain pit their legal wits against each other in real crown courts.
It involves 2,000 students in years 10 to 13, 300 barristers and advocates and 90 judges.
There are sixteen regional heats every autumn, the winners of which meet in the national final the following spring.
Seven heats were held on Saturday, the rest will take place over the next couple of weeks.
Therefore, we have seven finalists so far:
- Alton College (Surrey heat)
- The Becket School (Nottingham heat)
- The Boswells Academy Trust (Chelmsford heat)
- Mackie Academy (Scotland heat)
- Spalding High School (Norwich heat)
- Tunbridge Wells Girls' Grammar School (London heat)
- Wilmslow High School (Manchester heat).
Congratulations to all of them, who will meet at the national final in Cardiff Crown Court.