Using this website
- By using the site you agree that:
- these terms are legally binding;
- we may change these terms at any time by posting the changes online, so please review them regularly;
- these terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- You may use this website
- for your own personal, non-commercial use;
- for educational purposes;
- in a school or youth organisation.
- By using the site you agree that:
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- We have tried to make sure that the contents of our site are accurate and virus-free. It is your responsibility to check the information is up to date, accurate and complete and that you do not transmit any viruses.
- We are not responsible if you suffer any injury, loss or damage because you used this website or any of the material on it.
- The names, images and logos identifying us and our products and services are subject to our copyright. Nothing on our website or in these terms gives you any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright belonging to us or any third party.
- Unless otherwise indicated, we own the copyright of all materials on our site, so you must acknowledge us when you use material from it. You must get our written permission before you use any of the content to make money.
- We cannot give consent to use material on any other site, including those sites linked to this one.
- If these terms are different to any other specific terms that appear on our website then the specific terms will apply.
- If any of these terms are illegal or invalid, we can still enforce the rest of the terms.
Posting to this website
Contributions to our website
- Copyright in all postings to our website forums rests with the authors. However, by posting to our website forums you agree that your posting may be used by others for non-profit, educational purposes. Also, the Citizenship Foundation reserves the right to use the posting for its own purposes.
- If you submit material to our website (including any text, photographs,
graphics, video or audio) you agree that we can use your material:
- in any way we want worldwide;
- on this website and in other media developed in the future.
- If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit your contribution to our website.
- If you submit material to our website, you confirm that your contribution:
- is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to us;
- is not defamatory; and
- does not break any law.
- You also indemnify us against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that we incur if you breach the above confirmation.
Rules for posting information
- You agree that any contributions you make to our website (including all forums) will be in line with the following rules.
- You understand that if you break these rules, we may moderate or remove your contribution and take other action.
About your posts
- Contributions must be polite.
- You must not use offensive or abusive language.
- Your contribution must be lawful and not cause offence to anyone.
- If you use disrupt the site or annoy other users, we may take action against you.
- Be patient: people of all ages and abilities may be taking part.
- No spamming or off-topic material:
- don't submit the same or very similar contributions many times,
- don't submit your contribution to more than one discussion,
- don't contribute material on topics that are not relevant to the subject being discussed.
- Don't advertise.
- We may remove contributions that are not in English.
- You must not pretend to be someone else.
- You must not use a rude or offensive name.
- You must not refer to specific website addresses unless the forum host has given you permission to. If you want to quote a worthwhile website relevant to the discussion topic, ask the host first.
- You must never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: phone number, home address or email address).
- Do not include any postal addresses of any kind.
- If you have a helpful address to share, tell the host and we will promote it if we see fit.
- You may not submit any illegal material on our website. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- You must not contribute material to commit or promote an illegal act.
- When you submit your contribution you must not infringe any of the rights of third parties.
- Please remember that the views expressed in interactive areas are those of contributors and are not necessarily our views.
If you're under 16
- Please get a parent's or guardian's permission before you take part in any discussion on our site.
- Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, phone number, home address or email address)
- If you don't keep to these rules we may remove or modify your contribution. If you continue to break the rules, we may stop you taking part in any or all of our interactive pages.
- If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on the website we may tell your employer, school or email provider about your behaviour.
Updated: 28 March, 2008.
Also see our Privacy statement.