Make the Link - Climate exChange
Young people in Europe and Africa engage in climate change issues by learning, talking and doing.
Photo: Plan UK
Make the Link - Climate exChange is a three year project in partnership with Plan UK and funded by the European Union.
It promotes learning, dialogue and action on climate change through linking secondary schools and youth groups in the EU (UK, Netherlands and Bulgaria) with those in Africa (Malawi, Senegal and Kenya).
The emphasis of the project is on the practical steps young people can take as a result of this enhanced knowledge, to tackle climate change as active citizens.
The programme offers for free:
- High quality downloadable lesson plans on climate change and active citizenship;
- An interactive website platform www.mtl-cec.org where the students from your school can link with students in the Netherlands, Bulgaria, Senegal, Kenya and Malawi;
- The opportunity to enrich your school's ethos and international connections and apply for an International Schools Award;
- Teacher training on the use of the resources and the interactive website platform including up to £240 supply cover;
- A residential for students to train on active citizenship campaigning on climate change (for those schools who want to take this project further and interact at local and national level with MPs and MEPs);
- Small grants worth £80 and £255