Our full day's conferences provide an opportunity to explore the SMSC and British values requirements, focusing on practical and creative ways to deliver them in the classroom.
Participants will have opportunities to:
- Broaden their understanding of the importance of SMSC development and the role of British values
- Reflect on the contribution of SMSC and British values to learning and school improvement
- Clarify the expectations of Ofsted and explore practical ways that these can be met and maintained
- Explore a range of high-quality resources that can support the delivery of SMSC and British Values
- Share and discuss best practice
Providing for students' spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development is a statutory requirement for all schools, and a key aspect of how pupils are prepared positively for life in modern Britain.
Who should attend? This course is relevant to primary and secondary school headteachers, deputy headteachers, SMSC, PSHE and Citizenship teachers as well as school governors. Lunch is provided.
“A well developed and well-delivered conference. Very stimulating. It has inspired me to go back and promote SMSC more.”
- Assistant Head, St Wilfrid’s R.C. College, South Shields
Register your interest for our conferences in the 2017/18 academic year.