We are an independent education and participation charity. We encourage and enable people to engage in democratic society.
Founded in 1989, we focus on developing young people's citizenship skills and their knowledge and understanding of the law, democracy and public life.Our work involves:
- championing civic participation;
- supporting teachers, schools and colleges in delivering citizenship education;
- working with young people in community-settings on issues that concern them.
We want a fair, inclusive and cohesive society.
We want a democracy in which people have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to take part and drive change as effective citizens, both as individuals and as communities.
- We will achieve our objectives only by continuing to build an effective, financially viable and professional organisation;
- We will develop effective partnerships with others when the need or opportunity arises;
- We will build up our organisational capacity by developing our staff to be leaders in the field, utilising the opportunities of digital technologies and social media among other routes;
- We will fiercely guard our independence, constantly evaluating our impact, and providing an authoritative voice across a range of policy agendas.